Mobirise

"CHURCH"

"di San Giuseppe"

In 1600 the Spanish built the small Church of Monserrat based on the model of their biggest sanctuary, dedicated to “ The Holy Vergin “ of Monserrat in Spain.
In the same period were built the Fort of St. James and also  the chapel inside Villa San Giuseppe.
The church, recently restored, contains marble gravestones (19th century) belonging to prominent islanders and members of the family.
Today the chapel regularly celebrates ceremonies and marriages to both islanders and non..

© Copyright 2020 - Villa San Giuseppe - Vacanze in Villa d'Epoca - Porto Azzurro - Isola d'Elba -C.Fisc. LNCPLA59M50G388X -All Rights Reserved-